Press release written content from PR Newswire. The AP information personnel was not involved in its creation.
TORONTO and CHICAGO, Dec. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – BMO Fiscal Group has printed its 2020 Sustainability Report. The report can be downloaded at https://our-affect.bmo.com/studies/
The 2020 Sustainability Report supplies BMO’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) disclosure, with a aim on difficulties identified by stakeholders as most affecting the bank’s sustainability. The report also involves the Public Accountability Statements for Financial institution of Montreal and its applicable subsidiaries: Financial institution of Montreal Property finance loan Company, BMO Existence Assurance Corporation and BMO Life Insurance policy Corporation.
“We are quite pleased to present our 13th Sustainability Report to our stakeholders,” reported Simon Fish, General Counsel and Chair of BMO’s Sustainability Council. “Our financial institution is fully commited to responding to today’s most urgent problems and to creating very long-phrase value for our stakeholders. We’re undertaking this by applying industry-leading strategies in essential regions like sustainable finance, climate transform, human legal rights, diversity, equity and inclusion.”
Our 2020 Sustainability Report highlights:
- BMO’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including how we are supporting our staff, consumers and communities through the crisis.
- How we are dwelling our Objective, including reporting on progress produced towards our Daring Commitments and introducing our Zero Boundaries to Inclusion 2025 technique and targets.
- Progress made toward our dedication to mobilize $400 billion in sustainable finance by 2025. Surpassed our purpose to align $250 billion in client investments with sustainable aims, and attained 71% of our dedication to mobilize $150 billion in money to firms pursuing sustainable aims.
- Enhancement of our disclosure of our method to environmental and social possibility administration like dependable lending and sustainable procurement.
- BMO’s 2020 Climate Report — running local weather-linked hazards and chances in line with the Taskforce on Climate-linked Money Disclosures (TCFD), such as specifics of the local climate-connected situation assessment function completed in 2020. In 2020, our lending to carbon-connected assets amounted to 3.% of our total lending portfolio.
- In 2020 we set and accomplished a aim to match 100% of our world-wide energy use with energy procured from renewable sources, which includes investing in renewable vitality certificates that will help the era of about 400,000 MWh of renewable energy.
- Our first Sustainability Bond Influence Report with details on the allocation of proceeds and quantitative and qualitative descriptions of favourable impacts resulting from the sustainability bond we issued in October 2019.
- An up to date sustainability materiality assessment, conducted using an synthetic intelligence and significant data platform.
- New disclosures in line with the Sustainability Accounting Requirements Board (SASB) specifications.
In 2020, BMO’s sustainability disclosure contributed to the company’s standing on quite a few rankings, like:
- Rated 15th on the Wall Road Journal’s 2020 list of the 100 Most Sustainably Managed Businesses in the Earth, 3rd general on Social Funds
- Ranked in the top 10% of banks globally on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Top rated ranked North American lender on Company Knights 2020 World-wide 100 Most Sustainable Businesses in the Globe
- Scored an A- on the 2020 CDP Local climate Change Questionnaire
- Ethisphere® Institute’s listing of the 2020 World’s Most Moral Companies®
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (2020) for the fourth 12 months in a row
- Forbes 2020 Finest Businesses for Range (United States)
- Corporate Knights 2020 Most effective 50 Company Citizens in Canada
About BMO Financial Team
Serving prospects for 200 several years and counting, BMO is a hugely diversified economic companies service provider – the 8th premier bank, by assets, in North The us. With complete assets of $949 billion as of Oct 31, 2020, and a group of diverse and highly engaged staff, BMO offers a broad range of own and commercial banking, wealth management and investment decision banking goods and solutions to much more than 12 million shoppers and conducts enterprise by way of three working teams: Personal and Business Banking, BMO Prosperity Management and BMO Cash Markets.
Perspective unique content material: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bmo-economic-team-2020-sustainability-report-and-general public-accountability-statement-now-obtainable-on-line-301195848.html
Resource BMO Money Team